This page is designed to provide you with resources to set up, fund and promote your organisation. If you have any questions about applying for funding through The London Community Foundation, please contact email@example.com.
Setting up and running an organisation
We hope you find these links and tools useful, exploring all aspects of setting up and running an organisation:
- Make sure to visit Knowhow Nonprofit (opens in a new window) for everything from an introduction to the voluntary sector and grant fundraising to how to write financial procedures.
- Check out the Small Charities Coalition's guide (opens in a new window) on how to set up a charity.
- Look up your local 'Council for Voluntary Services' (CVS) (opens in a new window) for free advice and guidance on setting up and developing your organisation. They also provide low-cost training and can advise on fundraising.
When it comes to securing funding, here are some places to check out to get started:
- Check out CAF's free fundraising guide aimed at fundraisers working for small and medium sized charities.
- Fundraiser Lizzi Hollis has compiled an extensive list of fundraising resources.
- Subscribe to Charity Excellence to search for funding opportunities.
- A summary of the data protection law, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which took effect from 25 May 2018.
- All applicants to The London Community Foundation must have a safeguarding policy that reflects the mandatory requirements outlined in LCF’s safeguarding policy checklist.
Full cost recovery
- Use the Culture Hive guide for practical tips on how to work out full cost recovery - we can fund this!
We know how much work goes into measuring the impact of your work, and think you'd also find these tools useful:
LCF grant monitoring form
Here, you'll find guidance on completing our grant monitoring form, a document we ask grantees to complete so we can measure the impact that our grant programmes are having.
- Nesta's Theory of Change toolkit
- NPC's guide to creating a theory of change
- New Philanthropy Capital's guide on impact measurement for small charities
- New Philanthropy Capital's guide on the principles of good impact reporting
- New Philanthropy Capital's guide to starting to measure your impact
Marketing and communications
- Small Charities Coalition have compiled a list of helpful resources, guides and toolkits across marketing and communications.
- Media Trust has published a Digital Marketing Strategy webinar series and toolkit.
Using our logo
When promoting news of your grants, we ask that you use our logo, which is available to download here. These logos are for grantee use only and should be displayed in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Only use the logo files supplied
- Please do not alter the logo in any way other than resizing
- Please use the core logo (white text on red background) where possible
- If you have any questions about using the logos, please contact our Communications Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Funding resources for individuals
We know that with the rising cost of inflation, energy bill increases and other, individual circumstances, many individuals are in need of financial advice and support. While we do not currently offer grants for individuals, we have put together a resources for individuals page containing basic information on where to seek support for a range of issues.