We hope you find these links and tools useful, exploring all aspects of setting up and running an organisation:
- Make sure to visit Knowhow Nonprofit (opens in a new window) for everything from an introduction to the voluntary sector and grant fundraising to how to write financial procedures.
- Check out the Small Charities Coalition's guide (opens in a new window) on how to set up a charity.
- Look up your local 'Council for Voluntary Services' (CVS) (opens in a new window) for free advice and guidance on setting up and developing your organisation. They also provide low-cost training and can advise on fundraising.
When it comes to securing funding, here are some places to check out to get started:
- Check out CAF's free fundraising guide (opens in a new window) aimed at fundraisers working for small and medium sized charities.
- Fundraiser Lizzi Hollis has compiled an extensive list of fundraising resources (opens in a new window).
- Subscribe to Charity Excellence (opens in a new window) to search for funding opportunities.
- A summary of the data protection law, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (opens in a new window) which took effect from 25 May 2018.
- NSPCC’s guidance on developing a safeguarding policy and procedures for working with children and young people (opens in a new window).
Full cost recovery
- Use the Culture Hive guide (opens in new window) for practical tips on how to work out full cost recovery - we can fund this!
We know how much work goes into measuring the impact of your work, and think you'd also find these tools useful:
LCF grant monitoring form
Here, you'll find guidance on completing our grant monitoring form, a document we ask grantees to complete so we can measure the impact that our grant programmes are having.
- Nesta's Theory of Change toolkit
- NPC's guide to creating a theory of change
- New Philanthropy Capital's guide on impact measurement for small charities
- New Philanthropy Capital's guide on the principles of good impact reporting
- New Philanthropy Capital's guide to starting to measure your impact
Marketing and communications
- Small Charities Coalition have compiled a list of helpful resources, guides and toolkits across marketing and communications (opens in a new window).
- Media Trust has published a Digital Marketing Strategy webinar series (opens in a new window) and toolkit (opens in a new window).
- The London Community Foundation logos are available to download here (opens in a new window). These logos are for grantee use only and should be displayed in accordance with the following guidelines:
- Please do not alter the logo in any way other than resizing
- Only use the logo files supplied
- Please use the core logo (white text on red background) where possible
- If you have any questions about using the logos, please contact our Communications Manager email@example.com