We hope you find these links and tools useful, exploring all aspects of setting up and running an organisation:
- Make sure to visit Knowhow Nonprofit for everything from an introduction to the voluntary sector and grant fundraising to how to write financial procedures.
- Check out the Small Charities Coalition's guide on how to set up a charity.
- Look up your local 'Council for Voluntary Services' (CVS) for free advice and guidance on setting up and developing your organisation. They also provide low-cost training and can advise on fundraising.
When it comes to securing funding, here are some places to check out to get started:
- Check out CAF's free fundraising guide aimed at fundraisers working for small and medium sized charities
- Fundraiser Lizzi Hollis has compliled an extensive list of fundraising resources.
- Subscribe to NCVO's 'Funding Central' to search for funding opportunities.
- A summary of the data protection law, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which took effect from 25 May 2018.
- NSPCC’s guidance on developing a safeguarding policy and procedures for working with children and young people.
We know how much work goes into measuring the impact of your work, and think you'd also find these tools useful:
- Nesta's Theory of Change toolkit and NPC's guide to creating a theory of change.
- New Philanthropy Capital's guide on impact measurement for small charities and guide on the principles of good impact reporting.
Marketing and communications
- Small Charities Coalition have compiled a list of helpful guides and toolkits on social media planning.
- Media Trust has published a Digital Marketing Strategy webinar series and toolkit.
For a comprehensive list of links and resources, please download our latest guide below.