This fund is now closed. Please sign up to our monthly grants ebulletin (opens in a new window) to stay up to date with our grants that are currently open.
The fund is a special grants initiative which marks the completion of No. 1 Court roof in 2019 by supporting homelessness charities that help people to access services and safe shelter.
Strengthening local homelessness charities
The Wimbledon Foundation is partnering with The London Community Foundation (LCF) to strengthen homelessness charities providing vital services in the locality of Merton and Wandsworth. We recognise that community-based homelessness organisations are subject experts in the field responding to increasingly complex needs and demand for services.
Strategic grants are available to help build organisational resilience and efficiency over the next three-years and contribute to the sustainability of homelessness prevention and support services.
All applicants must:
- Be a registered charity with a primary organisational objective to tackle homelessness
- Demonstrate expertise and significant experience of delivering services for homeless people in the locality of Merton and/or Wandsworth
- Flexible multi-year grants of up to £50,000 per year are available for up to three years. A reduced amount should be requested for the final year.
- Funding requests should be proportionate to the organisation’s size and the extent of their existing services currently provided in the locality of Merton and Wandsworth. The amount requested in each year must not be more than 25% of an organisation’s annual income (or average income over the past three years).
- Funding is for core costs to contribute to the strategic development of applicant charities to build resilience and sustainability.
How to apply
The fund is now closed for applications. Information on the fund is contained in the guidelines.
The fund is now closed and being a special grants initiative, there are no further closing dates.
If you have any questions about this fund, please contact Rich Horsnell on 020 7582 5117 or at firstname.lastname@example.org