This fund is now closed. Please sign up to our monthly grants ebulletin (opens in a new window) to stay up to date with our grants that are currently open.
Cockayne Grants for the Arts 10th
This year represents 10 years of our partnership with Cockayne Foundation, supporting innovative and inspirational art and cultural events across London. To celebrate the significance of the partnership, we will be offering exceptional funding opportunities to particularly ambitious projects, or those that show pressing artistic need. These will be awarded alongside our annual grant giving programme. As in previous years, the purpose of this fund is to support art as a way of enriching life experience. Grants are focused on arts projects in London that provide creative opportunities to artists from diverse cultures in the performing (music, opera, dance, theatre), literary or visual arts.
What can the fund support?
Priorities and themes
- New work or ground-breaking re-interpretations of classic repertoire that demonstrate the potential: for artistic excellence, to reach large and diverse audiences, and/or to make a significant, new contribution to the art form.
- Art that is experimental, risk-taking, and/or engages controversial issues.
- Projects that involve young artists.
- Arts-related library, literacy and archiving projects
Please note: Arts projects that are primarily focused on social/political advocacy, community arts and arts-education programmes are not a funding priority of Cockayne - Grants for the Arts. We do not provide core funding or fund digital arts projects or films, including the filming of productions. Please do not apply if your project falls into one of these categories.
Cockayne - Grants for the Arts is open to UK arts organisations delivering proposed work in London (all boroughs).
- Average grants range from £1,000 to £25,000, with a few exceptional projects being considered at a higher level.
- Capital campaigns are considered only rarely, when improvement of the home of an arts organisation is its highest priority. Capital-campaign grants tend to be considered in the same range as programme grants.
- Multi-year grant applications are not encouraged and are considered only very occasionally.
- In addition, to celebrate Cockayne’s 10th Anniversary 10 exceptional grants of £100,000 will also be awarded this year. Applications at this level will only be considered for projects with a budget of £500,000+
Please note: Applicants should not apply for more than 20% of their overall project budget and must demonstrate clearly how additional funds for the project are to be raised.
How to apply
If you’d like to understand more about the fund please take a look at the guidelines by clicking on the buttons below or at the top right hand side of the screen. The online application form guidelines are also there to help you when filling out the form online.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Grants & Impact team if you would like to discuss your application, if you need help with completing the form or providing the supporting documents.
Please contact us on 020 7582 5117 or at firstname.lastname@example.org