Applications for the current grant cycle have closed and will re-open in Autumn 2020 for grants to be made in 2021. Please sign up to our monthly grants ebulletin to stay up to date with our grants that are currently open.
The purpose of this fund is to support art as a way of enriching life experience. Grants are focused on arts projects in London that provide opportunities to artists from diverse cultures for the creation, development, performance, or exhibition in the performing (music, opera, dance, theatre) literary, or visual arts.
Current priorities are:
- New work or ground-breaking re-interpretations of classic repertoire that demonstrate the potential: for artistic excellence, to reach large and diverse audiences, and/or to make a significant, new contribution to the art form.
- Art that is experimental, risk-taking, and/or engages controversial issues.
- Projects that involve young artists.
- Arts-related library, literacy and archiving projects
Cockayne - Grants for the Arts is open to UK arts organisations delivering proposed work in London.
Please note: Arts projects that are primarily focused on social/political advocacy, community arts and arts-education programmes are not a funding priority of Cockayne - Grants for the Arts. We do not fund digital arts projects or films, including the filming of productions. Please do not apply if your project falls into one of these categories.
Average grants range from £1,000 to £25,000, with a few exceptional projects being considered at a higher level. Please note that:
- Applicants should not apply for more than 20% of their overall project budget and must demonstrate clearly how additional funds for the project are to be raised.
- Capital campaigns are also considered when improvement of the home of an arts organisation is its highest priority. Capital-campaign grants tend to be considered in the same range as programme grants.
- Multi-year grant applications are not encouraged and are considered only very occasionally.
How to apply
This fund is currently closed for applications. If you’d like to understand more about the fund please take a look at the guidelines for the last funding round by clicking on the buttons below or at the top right hand side of the screen. The online application form guidelines are there to help you when the fund reopens.
This fund is currently closed.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any element of the fund or your application, please contact us on 020 7582 5117 or at firstname.lastname@example.org