This fund is now closed. Please sign up to our monthly grants ebulletin (opens in a new window) to stay up to date with our grants that are currently open.
We are delighted to continue to offer the Lambeth Wellbeing
Fund, thanks to a continued partnership with Lambeth Together, the
Lambeth Public Health Directorate and the London Borough of Lambeth. The
programme contributes to the Lambeth Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
£60,000 is available from Project Smith for projects which:
- Are targeting the priority wards of Oval, Clapham Town, Clapham Common and Brixton Hill
- Are led by the communities who will benefit
- Work with:
- BME women
- Black Men
- LGBTQ+ people
- Families of teenagers or young adults
- Projects addressing needs emerging following the Covid-19 pandemic
- People living with mental health issues
£282,000 is available from Lambeth Council Public Health for projects which:
- Support adults in any ward in Lambeth
- Projects which work with:
- People from Black, Asian and multi-ethnic groups
- Parents and carers on low incomes (particularly lone parent families)
- Unemployed people
- People experiencing poor mental health (£66,000 is ringfenced for this group)
- Isolated men (Mainly single isolated men)
- Older people
- LGBTQ+ people
- People with disabilities/and or suffering with poor health
Projects must support participants to address at least one of the following:
- Being able to manage their own health and wellbeing (or condition) and being supported to do so. This also includes having access to the right information and support, and being able to stay healthy;
- Being able to have the right things in place to help them to avoid a crisis, or to limit the impact of a crisis, particularly for people who are living independently;
- Feeling that they are part of a community.
In addition, we know that loneliness and isolation can contribute to poor physical and mental health. People who have good social connections are healthier and better able to deal with health problems if they arise.
Who can apply?
- Individual Lambeth residents or groups of residents – we want to support your ideas, so you do not have to be part of an organisation to apply to this fund. You can apply with the support of an organisation that can hold the funding for you and act as a ‘nurture organisation’. Your nurture organisation should be a local organisation that you already have a relationship with. Please see the fund guidelines for more detail on the role of a nurture organisation.
- Lambeth based registered charities, Community Interest Companies (CICs) limited by guarantee, Charitable Incorporated Organisations (CIOs), Companies Ltd by Guarantee (without shares), constituted community groups and TRAs with an income of less than £100,000 per annum (in the last accounting year) are welcome to apply. The income threshold does not apply to nurture organisations.
Lambeth Council Public Health Funding (total of £282,000 available over two years)
- Grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 per year are available for projects of up to 24 months for applications from organisations (maximum grant size £20,000 over 2 years)
Project Smith Funding (total of £60,000 available)
- Grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 per year are available for projects of up to 24 months for applications from individuals with a nurture organisation (maximum grant size £10,000 over 2 years)
Any management costs for nurture organisations must be included in the requested amount. The maximum amount for nurture organisation management costs are 15% of the total grant request.
Project start dates Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their applications at the beginning of March 2022 and will be expected to begin as soon as possible - by 31 March 2022 at the latest. Notification will be sent by email to the organisation/nurture organisation contact.
This fund is now closed
If you have any questions on the fund please contact us on 020 7582 5117 or at firstname.lastname@example.org