We are delighted to continue to offer the Lambeth Wellbeing
Fund, thanks to a continued partnership with NHS Lambeth, the
Lambeth Public Health Directorate and the London Borough of Lambeth. The
programme contributes to the Lambeth Health and Wellbeing Strategy.
Funding available in this round
£60,000 is available from Project Smith and is for projects which:
- Support adults in Herne Hill, Prince's or Bishop's; and
- Are led by the communities who will benefit; and
- Improve mental wellbeing and/or;
- Work with men (especially older men), LGBTQ+ communities, families, disability and autism, or support health & wellbeing in a Covid environment.
£18,000 is available from Public Health and is for projects which:
- Support adults in any wards in the borough
- Priority will be given to Black, Asian and Minority Ethnicity (BAME) groups across the borough, including BAME groups who have personal experience of mental health problems, those who are unemployed, including young people, those with disability, learning differences, long term illnesses, those experiencing social deprivation and those living on their own.
- Priority will also be given to intergenerational projects (projects linking older and younger people)
Projects must support participants to address at least one of the following:
- Being able to manage their own health and wellbeing (or condition) and being supported to do so. This also includes having access to the right information and support, and being able to stay healthy;
- Being able to have the right things in place to help them to avoid a crisis, or to limit the impact of a crisis, particularly for people who are living independently;
- Feeling that they are part of a community.
In addition, we know that loneliness and isolation can contribute to poor physical and mental health. People who have good social connections are healthier and better able to deal with health problems if they arise.
Who can apply?
Both not for profit community organisations and individual Lambeth residents (with the support of a nurture organisation) can apply. Organisations must be based in Lambeth.
Grants of between £1,000 and £5,000 are available. Any management costs for nurture organisations must be included in the requested amount. The maximum amount for nurture organisation management costs are 15% of the total grant request.
How to apply
PLEASE READ THE FUND GUIDELINES BEFORE APPLYING. Then, when you are ready to apply, click on the Apply now (Online Form) button on the right hand side of the screen. The Fund Guidelines and online application form guidance are there to help you prepare your application.
Midday on Wednesday 3rd March 2021
Lambeth Wellbeing Fund Workshops
- Wednesday 13th January, 7pm-9pm: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/133362425605
- Tuesday 26th January, 12pm-2pm: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/133331561289
- Monday 15th February, 7pm-9pm: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/133334887237
Sessions will be via Zoom. Please book your place using the relevant Eventbrite link and you will be provided with the Zoom link closer to the time. You can download a brochure about the workshops here.
Lambeth Wellbeing Fund Ideas Appointments – 30 mins bookable slots
- Monday 18th January, 9.30am – 5pm, via Zoom
- Wednesday 10th February, 9.30am-5pm, via Zoom
We are offering 30-min surgery slots for you to discuss your projects and applications with us. Places can be booked here: https://calendly.com/catherine-sorrell/lambeth-wellbeing-fund-ideas-appointment
If you have any questions on the fund please contact us on 020 7582 5117 or at email@example.com