This fund is now closed. Please sign up to our monthly grants ebulletin (opens in a new window) to stay up to date with our grants that are currently open.
The Lambeth Community Fund is a charitable venture set up to support the borough today and long into the future, responding over time to the changing needs of local people. The fund focuses on improving the wellbeing and quality of life of Lambeth residents. ‘Wellbeing’ covers a broad range of components that an individual needs to live a full and well-rounded life. We achieve this through the four themes below.
All applications must be from organisations based in Lambeth and address at least one of the four following themes:
- Stronger Together – bringing together people from diverse parts of the community to celebrate what it is to be a Lambeth resident. This theme encourages local organisations to share, learn and grow together to create a strong and vibrant voluntary and community sector.
- Feeling Fine – focusing on the physical, mental and emotional wellbeing of residents of all ages and backgrounds, looking after the body, mind and soul. This theme is about health and happiness for all, including those who are particularly vulnerable or have specific needs.
- Learning for Life – helping residents to reach their full potential through the development of skills, knowledge and experience. Whether this helps them to find a meaningful job in their chosen career or learn more about something they are passionate about, this theme is about keeping the mind active and challenged, whatever their age.
- Strengthening Organisations - supporting Lambeth groups to build capacity to support Lambeth residents. This could include support for e.g. staff / volunteer / trustee development; development of policies, procedures and systems; development of fundraising & business plans etc.
Additionally, applications should show how they:
- Work with the most disadvantaged members of the community, in particular those who are not currently accessing services;
- Actively involve the communities who will benefit from the grant in planning projects and making it happen;
- They work in partnership or link with other Lambeth organisations.
The majority of the funding available is flexible, however, we have some specific funding to meet certain criteria. Your application must still address one of the four Fund Themes (above) but if your project also addresses one of the following you may have a greater chance of success:
- Benefits the Portuguese-speaking community;
- Supports young people aged under 25 into positive activities. This includes supporting NEET young people (those not in education, employment or training) into education, training or apprenticeships.
Grants of between £1,000 and £10,000 are available for projects of up to 12 months starting no earlier than 1 May 2020 and ending no later than 30 April 2021.
How to apply
This fund is currently closed for applications. If you’d like to understand more about the fund please take a look at the guidelines for the last funding round by clicking on the buttons below or at the top right hand side of the screen. The online application form guidelines are there to help you when the fund reopens.
This fund is now closed.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any element of the fund, please contact us on 020 7582 5117 or at firstname.lastname@example.org