This fund is now closed. Please sign up to our monthly grants ebulletin (opens in a new window) to stay up to date with our grants that are currently open.
The Grenfell Young People’s Fund is an Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund initiative. The Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund was set up in 2010 to help grassroots charities tackling poverty, inequality and exclusion across the capital.
On the day of the Grenfell Tower fire in 2017, the Evening Standard newspaper and The London Community Foundation launched a fundraising campaign for those affected by the fire. In the subsequent months, The London Community Foundation received funds from other appeals, including the #Game4Grenfell football match (whose proceeds were added to the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund), the Artists for Grenfell fundraising single, the FA Community Shield football match and from The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea.
The aim of this fund is to improve the lives of children and young people affected by the Grenfell Tower fire.
Through this fund, we want to provide funding for organisations who can provide the following outcomes for the children and young people being supported:
• Children and young people have improved health and wellbeing
• Children and young people are engaged, empowered and have a role in the improvement of their environment and society
• Young people are ‘work ready’ and/or employed
- Organisations directly supporting children and young people affected by the Grenfell Tower fire will be prioritised for funding. Projects indirectly supporting children and young people (e.g. through supporting parents and carers) may be considered. No more than 20% of funds available in this Round will be allocated to projects where children and young people are indirectly supported.
- Priority will be given to organisations who are locally based in North Kensington. Up to a maximum of 20% of overall Grenfell Young People’s Fund money can be made available for organisations who are based outside of The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea. All organisations who are not based in The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea will have to demonstrate how they work in partnership with local organisation(s).
- There is no maximum or minimum organisation turnover size, however smaller organisations (under £500,000 income) will be prioritised. Please note it is unlikely that any grant offered will be for more than 50% of an organisation’s current annual income. If you would like to discuss this area further, then please get in touch with The London Community Foundation to discuss your application.
- We welcome applications from new start up initiatives, but please be aware that in each year, up to a maximum of 25% of funds available will be allocated to support start up initiatives. Start-ups are new organisations operating for less than 12 months
- Applications from organisations currently in receipt of three years of funding from Round 1 and 2 of this fund will not be eligible to apply. However, if organisations are in receipt of a current grant of less than 3 years, they can apply for a grant for the remaining year(s) as long as it doesn’t exceed 3 years in total.
Grants of up to £15,000 per year over 3 years are available, so a total grant of £45,000 will be available per organisation over the 3-year period. Organisations can apply for a maximum of £15,000 per year.
How to apply
To apply to this fund, firstly, please take a look at the fund guidelines and application form guidance by clicking on the buttons below or at the top right hand side of the screen. Then if eligible, click on the 'Apply' button to complete the online application form.
Midday 30 October 2020
Please contact Sam Smallcombe or Sarah Easby at The London Community Foundation if you have any queries about the Fund at Sam.Smallcombe@londoncf.org.uk / Sarah.Easby@londoncf.org.uk or 020 7582 5117.
We are also offering applicants the opportunity to book a 1:1 meeting over the phone or on zoom, to discuss the fund, eligibility criteria and any questions you may have about your application. Please follow this link to book an appointment.