This fund is now closed. Please sign up to our monthly grants ebulletin (opens in a new window) to stay up to date with our grants that are currently open.
Knight Dragon are the lead developer regenerating Greenwich Peninsula. With over 17,000 new homes, 12,000 new jobs and 48 acres of open public space emerging over the coming years, there is an urban community with design and creativity embedded in its fabric. This Fund has been established to support the growing community of Greenwich Peninsula as the area develops.
This £1.9 million fund will support the delivery of community projects that will have a positive social, economic, and environmental impact on the local community. The first year of this fund will have a total of £100,000 available to award. This Fund will be administered through a grants panel with representation from Knight Dragon, the Royal Borough of Greenwich, Greater London Authority and the Registered Social Landlords.
What can the fund support?
The Fund will support community projects directly delivered within the Greenwich Peninsula ward boundary. Please note that a charity or organisation does not need to be registered within the Greenwich Peninsula ward to apply for this fund, however the funding spent needs to directly benefits the residents and community of Greenwich Peninsula with 80% of a project’s delivery occurring within the Peninsula.
The fund has 7 main themes, listed below, with key focuses on health & wellbeing, employment and the environment:
1. Improved access to employment and training opportunities across the Peninsula
2. Active participation in the society (civic engagement) and improvement in life skills
3. Delivering inclusive health and wellbeing programmes
4. Positive impact on the local environment, air pollution is reduced, safeguarding the natural environment, resource efficiency and circular economy solutions
5. Projects that create more resilient communities by demonstrating that crime is reduced, vulnerable people are helped to live independently.
6. More opportunities for disadvantaged people and those most vulnerable in the community including full time employment opportunities for armed forces veterans, homeless employees, mothers returning to work, survivors of modern slavery employees, young care leavers, rehabilitating offenders, young people who are Not in Employment, Education, or Training (NEETs).
7. Innovative projects that have a positive social, economic and environmental impact on the community.
There is no income threshold for this fund, but groups with an income under £1m will be prioritised.
The grants will be between £5,000 to £20,000.
Source of funding
This fund receives funding from Knight Dragon.
How to apply
If you’d like to understand more about the fund please take a look at the guidelines by clicking on the buttons below or at the top right hand side of the screen. The online application form guidelines are also there to help you when filling out the form online.
If you would like to learn more before applying then you can attend an online Q&A at 10am on Wednesday 7th June, to sign up click here (opens link in new tab).
The deadline for applications is midday on Friday 30th June 2023.
If you have any queries about the fund, please contact us on 020 7582 5117 or at firstname.lastname@example.org