This fund was set up in 2012 to support the local Elephant & Castle community during the regeneration of the area thanks to donations from Lendlease and Southwark Council.
Here, you can view a boundary map of the area this fund covers.
Applications must address at least one of the following themes:
- Further Education, Skill Building, Training and Entrepreneurship
- Arts and Culture
- Older Residents
Changes due to coronavirus:
In light of the current government advice concerning the coronavirus pandemic, we are making a few changes to the Elephant & Castle Community Fund to ensure that it is as relevant and responsive to the needs of the Elephant & Castle community as possible. The changes are:
- You can now apply solely for core costs (rent, salaries, other essential running costs) to keep your organisation going whilst you are unable to deliver activities. Applicants applying for these should be able to demonstrate that they and their beneficiaries are based in the Elephant & Castle Opportunity Area and should indicate which core costs the funding would be allocated to.
- We will also welcome applications for projects that support people through this period of isolation
- You can still apply for delivery costs for activities starting later in the year if you prefer. If current restrictions are still in place, we may be able to change the purpose of the grant at a later date (subject to approval)
- We will bring forward the date of the award decision process to May so that successful applicants can utilise the funding sooner. The deadline for applications will stay the same (midday on 20th April).
- Please state in your application how current restrictions are affecting your organisation and any proposed change in delivery as a result of the current Covid-19 restrictions
Grants of between £500 and £10,000 are available.
How to apply
To apply to this fund, please read the fund guidelines and application form guidance by clicking on the buttons below or at the top right hand side of the screen and then click on the 'Apply now' button.
Midday on Monday 20th April 2020.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any element of the Fund or your application, please contact us on 020 7582 5117 or at firstname.lastname@example.org