The Deptford Challenge Trust (DCT) is a charitable trust that makes grants to improve the quality of life for people who live and work in a defined area of Lewisham, which covers Deptford and parts of New Cross (please see the map on the DCT website). DCT started out as part of the national City Challenge regeneration programme in the mid-1990s when part of the funding was invested in student accommodation. Rental income from the student accommodation is still providing income to DCT and is used to provide grants to support voluntary and community organisations for activities within the DCT area. The Trust’s grant-making programmes are managed by The London Community Foundation.
For more information about the Deptford Challenge Trust and its work please visit www.deptfordchallengetrust.org.uk.
Applications are welcomed for projects which work with residents of any age, gender and ethnic background, under the following themes:
- Education and skills – helping those who need extra support to either stay in education or return to it later in life
- Community cohesion and social inclusion - celebrating the diversity of the DCT area and welcoming new arrivals into the community
- Health & wellbeing – improving the wellbeing of all residents, in particular those with a physical disability, learning difficulty or mental health problem
- Strengthening the DCT area – building capacity and connecting local organisations, creating a stronger, more resilient voluntary and community sector
- Crisis support – to provide services to support people in poverty or crisis in the DCT area
Proposed activities must benefit residents of the DCT area (please refer to the map). Projects based outside of the area must have a clear recruitment plan for engaging residents of the DCT area
Grants of between £1,000 and £30,000 are available towards core costs, capital costs or project costs.
How to apply
To apply to this fund, please take a look at the fund guidelines and application form guidance by clicking on the buttons below or at the top right-hand side of the screen and then clicking on the 'Apply now' button.
Midday, Monday 22nd January 2024 (no late submissions will be accepted).
If you have any questions or would like to chat through anything relating to the fund or your application, please contact us on 020 7582 5117 or at email@example.com
You can also contact the Programme Manager for this fund, Sam Smallcombe, 020 7582 5117 or firstname.lastname@example.org