Every year, we support around 1,000 community projects across the capital. In 2016/17, we awarded £5.2 million to strengthen and support grassroots London.
Our average grant size is around £5,000 and we specialise in supporting small organisations with small teams. In fact, nearly 10% of the groups we funded last year had no paid staff and were run entirely by volunteers. For many funders, that would make them too 'high-risk' to support.
The groups we support are working tirelessly to create opportunities and change lives across London. The positive impact of their work is felt by the community.
Key highlights from the last year include:
- Helping 53 homeless people rent a place of their own and 62 others find emergency shelter: Deptford Reach.
- Supporting 60 young adults with mental health issues, helping them gain qualifications through a 12-month training course. 15 have already found jobs with companies like Costa, DPD and Eddie Stobart. Prudential, and the Work, Skills and Independence Group
- 2,367 young people took part in projects diverting them away from anti-social behaviour.
- Almost 20,000 people connected or reconnected with social networks or support groups through a project.
- Over 200,000 hours were spent volunteering with nearly 2,000 people engaging in regular volunteering for the first time.
Click below to take a journey through London and read more about our work. We hope you find the impact and stories presented inspiring.