This fund is currently closed for applications, and will reopen later in the year.
If you'd like to understand more about the fund please take a look at the summary information below, and the guidelines for the last funding round by clicking on the buttons below or at the top right hand side of the screen.
The Peabody Community Fund exists to support projects and activities designed to improve the quality of life of Peabody residents and the wider community.
The current funding round for organisations seeking to provide activities and support for Peabody residents of all ages will allocated via the London Community Response Fund (LCRF). The guidelines and application form are at: https://londoncommunityresponsefund.org.uk/
By applying through the LCRF applications portal, all applicant organisations should receive a decision by the end of March. In addition, applications not awarded a grant by the Peabody Community Fund can be considered by other funders.
For this round, the Peabody Community Fund budget will be allocated towards the Renewal – Project strand of the London Community Response Fund, which aims to support the recovery and renewal of London’s communities over a year, starting from April 2021. The LCRF themes are:
- Building strong communities aims to ensure that people are able to play an active role in their communities; and London is a more equal and inclusive city post Covid-19. Projects could include work that helps to build feelings of belonging and decreases loneliness and social isolation; and community hubs (as centres or as networks) that enable people to build community networks, get support, and become active in their communities
- New deal for young people recognises how the pandemic has impacted young people’s mental and physical wellbeing, their safety, potential, education and job prospects. Projects could include providing young Peabody residents with safe youth spaces and activities; mentoring schemes; and tailored support enabling those young people facing the greatest barriers to realising their potential, from social, educational and employment skills and mental health support
- Robust safety net aims to ensure residents are supported so that they can avoid or be lifted out of poverty and relieve hardship. Projects could include increased access to specialist and general advice services such as benefits, debt, and employment, and crisis support
The full LCRF guidelines can be found here: https://londoncommunityresponsefund.org.uk/guidance
The Peabody Community Fund (PCF) aims to support the LCRF Themes by funding organisations providing regular activities for up to a year benefitting Peabody residents of all ages. Priority will be given to:
- Organisations/projects addressing the needs of the most disadvantaged members of the community
- Peabody resident-led projects, or organisations who have discussed and shaped their project with Peabody residents and local Peabody staff
- Youth led projects up to the age of 24
The LCRF portal is a collaboration between many of the capital’s funders and everyone is using the same guidelines and application form.
To ensure we can identify your PCF application:
- In question 31g, please tick ‘yes’ which asks if you are applying for a project to support people resident on Peabody estates?
- In question 29, please start the answer “The funding is for a Peabody project to…”
For PCF applications through LCRF, please read pages 3-4 on the Fund guidelines (by clicking on the button below or to the right) which gives specific guidance on what information to include in answering particular questions in the online application form.
Grant size and project duration
Grants of up to £50,000* are available to deliver a project of up to one year’s duration from April 2021.
*Please be realistic and only apply for the amount you require to run the project.
Income threshold: There is no maximum amount. However, if the fund is oversubscribed organisations with an annual income of £500,000 or less will be prioritised.
Please note that organisations cannot hold more than one grant within a 12-month period across all Peabody’s grant programmes, e.g. if you have a live PCF grant you cannot apply for further funding.
How to apply
This fund is currently closed for applications. If you’d like to understand more about the fund please take a look at the guidelines for the last funding round by clicking on the buttons below or at the top right hand side of the screen. The online application form guidelines are there to help you when the fund reopens.
This fund is now closed.
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any element of the fund or your application, please contact us on 020 7582 5117 or at email@example.com
The Peabody Community Team will also be available to help groups who need support developing their application. For support from Peabody please e-mail the Community Team at firstname.lastname@example.org