The London Community Foundation is, once again, delighted to be managing the Peabody Community Fund in 2018/19. This year the maximum grant request has been doubled to £10,000, and two-year funding will be available for the first time.
The Peabody Community Grants programme exists to support projects and activities designed to improve the quality of life of Peabody residents and the wider community. Projects must align with one or more of the three fund themes:
- Healthy – helping people with their physical and mental wellbeing
- Happy – helping people make the most out of their lives through active citizenship, volunteering and community involvement
- Wealthy – supporting people to become financially independent through employment, enterprise and education
The fund is able to support ongoing/regular activities benefitting residents of all ages and priority will be given to:
- Organisations/projects addressing the needs of the most disadvantaged members of the community
- Peabody resident-led projects. If an applicant organisation is not resident-led, they will need to demonstrate strong connections with local residents, strong partnership working in the locality, a commitment to the locality after the proposed project is complete, and a clear understanding of community needs
- Youth-led projects up to the age of 24
- There will also be restricted funds for projects supporting Peabody residents living in Waltham Forest and Thamesmead (on the Bexley/Greenwich boroughs border)
Note: Activities must demonstrate the beneficiaries will primarily be Peabody residents. To find out where Peabody estates are near you, please refer to the Peabody website.
Income Threshold: Applicants must have an annual income of less than £100,000. However, organisations with an annual income of under £500,000 are eligible to apply if they have a proven track record of working with Peabody residents.
Grants of between £500 and £10,000 are available.
The funding request can be a maximum of £10,000 over 1 or 2* years.
*Please note if you are applying for a 2 year grant, you can only request up to £10,000 for the entire period, not per year.
How to apply
To apply to this fund, please take a look at the fund guidelines and application form guidance by clicking on the buttons below or at the top right hand side of the screen and then clicking on the relevant 'Apply now' button.
The two closing dates for 2018/19 are:
- Thursday 11th October 2018 @ 5pm (for projects from January 2019 onwards). This deadline has now passed. Decisions will be released by 21st December 2018.
- Wednesday 9th January 2019 @ 12noon (for projects from April 2019 onwards). Decisions will be released by 29th March 2019.
If you have any questions or would like to chat through anything relating to the fund or your application, please contact us on 020 7582 5117 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Peabody Community Team will also also be available to help groups who need support developing their application. For support from Peabody please contact the Community Team on 020 3828 3588 or e-mail email@example.com