We are delighted to be managing the Tampon Tax Community Fund again for 2019.
The London Community Foundation are working with UK Community Foundations to deliver the Tampon Tax Community Fund in London.
The Tampon Tax Fund allocates funds generated from the VAT on sanitary products to projects that improve the lives of disadvantaged women and girls.
Through this fund we will support charities and community groups delivering projects that support women and girls to build skills and confidence, improve their health and wellbeing, and build social networks. Within this context applicants will need to demonstrate how they meet one or more of the following objectives:
- Building skills and confidence
- Improving health and well-being
- Building social networks for women and girls
Organisations operating in any London Borough are able to apply with the exception of Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham or the City of London. This is because East End Community Foundation are accepting applications from organisations working within those boroughs and groups should apply through them.
The fund is open for applications from:
- Registered UK charities
- Constituted Community Groups
- Companies Limited by Guarantee with charitable aims
- Community Interest Companies Limited by Guarantee
- Credit Unions
See more about whether your organisation is eligible to apply in the Tampon Tax Community Fund Guidelines (to the right).
Priority will be given to:
- A project that has been established by women or girls and/or is led and staffed by women and girls
- A project that has been established with the key aim of working with women and girls only
- Grassroots organisations offering localised support to women and girls
- Organisations with an income of less than £500,000
- Organisations working with women or girls with multiple disadvantages
- User led organisations that have a clear understanding of the women and girls they are supporting
- Sustainable projects that provide long-term solutions to women or girls they are helping
Grants up to £15,000 are available.
How to apply
Please note that this is an extremely competitive fund. Last year 202 applications were received and 30 were successful. Please read through the fund guidelines and priorities carefully before deciding to make your application.
To apply to this fund, firstly, please take a look at the fund guidelines and application form guidance by clicking on the buttons below or at the top right hand side of the screen. Then if eligible, click on the 'Apply' button to complete the online application form.
Deadline for applications
11th October 2019 at Midday (12pm)
If you have any questions or would like to discuss any element of the fund or your application, please contact us on 020 7582 5117, firstname.lastname@example.org or via the Programme Manager, Lauren Palmer at email@example.com.