Donor Advised Funds - Companies
A Donor Advised Fund is a simple, cost effective and tailored way of making a difference to an area that interests your company.
You’re interested in supporting London and directing your donations (or part of them) towards the smaller charities and community projects that struggle to compete for funding amongst the big high profile charities. You may want to give across a broad range of issues, but are likely to have key areas that your company focuses on (young people, financial literacy, the environment, employment etc).
You may have a CSR team already but could use help in the delivery of small grants which can be time consuming and difficult without the knowledge of and networks into a community. Or with limited staff resource in this area, you might be looking for someone who can supplement the largely voluntary effort of your employees. Either way, the Donor Advised Fund is a flexible model where you:
- Set the strategy and remit of your Fund from the outset and monitor it through its lifetime.
- Choose projects to support.
- Outsource the administrative burden of the grantmaking.
- Benefit from the expertise and reach of LCF, with a dedicated Programme Manager as your contact.
- You can focus on immediate impact, or build an endowment to provide a sustainable source of funding long into the future.
You can set up a Donor Advised Fund from £50,000. We meet with you initially to discuss the focus of the Fund, the kind of impact you want to make and practicalities such as the name of the Fund, whether you want anonymity and how involved you would like your staff to be. Your Programme Manager designs a grantmaking programme that is tailored to your requirements and we use our extensive knowledge of the sector to help shape the strategy and make recommendations on direction. Once your Fund is set up, we take care of all the administration and due diligence:
- Promoting availability – Finding projects for your company to support.
- Handling enquiries – on your behalf, to ensure they meet your criteria and follow application procedures.
- Receiving and assessing applications – Our services include collation of all applications, initial eligibility check and full assessment. We look at strength of need for the project, breadth and depth of impact, financial health and track record.
- Recommendations – Offering you and your staff a selection of fully assessed projects from which you can choose.
- Informing applicants – After deciding on the projects you would like to support, the Foundation will inform all applicants of the outcome, and handle cheque payments. For projects that have been unsuccessful we may direct the group to our other funding streams.
- Reporting back to you – We monitor grant expenditure and keep you informed via an annual report on your Fund.
- Other benefits – include visits for your staff to the projects your company supports, invitations to Foundation events, our annual report and quarterly e-bulletins.
For More Information
Alex Le Vey
0207 582 5117
"A Donor Advised Fund can help your company to support a range of issues and causes that your staff are interested in and ensure that your donations are making a real difference on the ground."
“The London Community Foundation is a fantastic organisation that really works hard to improve and develop communities. I would highly recommend them because they have very good networks, they know lots of grassroots groups, and have a proven track record of managing other grantmaking programmes very efficiently. The grant officers have a really impressive knowledge of the groups they fund and have extremely thorough selection and monitoring processes. LCF are also there to give good advice to groups that haven’t been established very long and haven’t yet got formal constitutions in place.”