Food for London - open funding round!
We are delighted to announce the next open round of funding through the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund will focus on groups and charities who are using creative ways to repurpose surplus food or provide solutions to address hunger and food waste in London.
Food for London is the new Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund campaign highlighting the disconnect between the prevalent food poverty that exists in London and the tonnes of surplus food that is thrown away or fed to animals. The £320,000 open grants programme is funded by Citi, D&D London and the Dispossessed Fund.
The Aim of the Fund
The aim is to turn edible food surplus into a social solution. We believe that many groups across London are using and developing ingenious and resourceful ways to reduce food waste, to repurpose surplus food and to provide food to help feed those experiencing food poverty. Whilst there is a prevalence of food banks offering dry goods and valuable services to those most in need, there seems to be increasingly limited support for the hundreds of groups and clubs who aim to provide nutritious, healthy and reliable sources of food to those experiencing poverty, hunger and isolation in the Capital. There is also a need to provide support to those groups who are developing new ideas and adopting different approaches to reduce food waste and redistribute surplus food.
If you are a charity, community group, CIC or social enterprise tackling food waste and/or using fresh food to address food poverty, you can apply for a grant of between £1,000 and £20,000. Deadline for applications is 11 November by 5pm.
To read about eligibility and to apply for a grant, please follow this link http://www.londoncf.org.uk/grants/food-for-london.aspx
Published on 27 September 2016
- Update on funds allocated: Grenfell Tower
- Red Nose Day grants awarded
- A further £2 million given out to Grenfell Tower survivors
- Artists for Grenfell donations made available to survivors
- Grenfell Tower update
- £1.58 million to Grenfell families from the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund
- Further emergency payments for Grenfell families
- Over £5 million raised through the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund
- Grenfell: The Long-Term Response
- Guardian Voluntary Sector comment piece
- Financial support for those directly impacted by Grenfell Tower fire
- Grenfell Tower update
- Artists for Grenfell
- Grenfell Tower Appeal update
- Free capacity building support in Lambeth - latest dates announced
- Emergency Appeal - Grenfell Fire
- Building brighter futures across London
- Looking for community representatives to help make a big difference in London
- Shining a light on food poverty in London
- Comic Relief donates £1 million to the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund this Red Nose Day