Announcing our new CEO
As Chair of The London Community Foundation, I am delighted to announce the name of our new Chief Executive, Russell Delew, who will join our team on March 21st 2016. Sonal Shah, our present CEO will remain with us until February 3rd and Victoria Warne, our Deputy CEO/Director of Programmes will take over as Interim CEO in the meantime.
Russell has more than 20 years' experience in leadership roles within the not for profit sector. He has delivered transformational growth in some of the UK's best loved organisations including Cancer Research UK, Great Ormond Street Hospital and the NSPCC. In his current role as Director of Major Giving & Appeals at Cancer Research UK, Russell has developed the strategy and built a team which has delivered over £120 million in the past 4 years, including £90 million towards the construction of the Francis Crick Institute at St Pancras which will open in the summer of 2016. Russell lives in North London with his wife and 4 children. Russell is delighted to be joining us:
"I am so proud to have been given the opportunity to become the new Chief Executive of The London Community Foundation. The tremendous work of Sonal and her dedicated team, alongside the commitment of the Trustees, have created a great platform for future growth. I am looking forward to meeting everyone when I join in March".
On behalf of our Board of Trustees, I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Sonal Shah for her tremendous contribution to The London Community Foundation. Not only has she managed the tricky process of creating a pan-London community foundation through a number of mergers and combinations, but she has also doubled our annual grant-making to support Londoners in need and driven an almost twentyfold increase in our long term endowment funds. But these numbers fail to do justice to the way that Sonal has been driven by the causes we support and the solutions we bring through matching the generosity of our donors to needs on the ground.
We are delighted to have been able to recruit somebody of the calibre of Russell Delew as our new CEO, and I am confident that his track record in the voluntary sector and in fundraising will bring continued growth for The London Community Foundation and benefit to London and Londoners.
With best wishes,
Chair, The London Community Foundation
Published on 14 January 2016
- Shining a light on food poverty in London
- Comic Relief donates £1 million to the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund this Red Nose Day
- Training dates announced for Lambeth Capacity Building Programme
- Stronger Together - Lambeth Capacity Building Programme 2017-19
- Holiday closures
- D & D London supports Food for London
- Tender Opportunity - Capacity Building in Lambeth
- We're now a Living Wage Friendly Funder!
- Food for London - open funding round!
- Food for London
- Minister Rob Wilson MP celebrates Volunteers’ Week
- Looking for community representatives to help make a big difference in London
- Lambeth Community Fund - a review of grantmaking 2013-15
- Our Catalysts create change
- 'I see no reason not to help'
- Give London launches!
- Donor Advised Funds: A Family Affair
- Announcing our new CEO
- Holiday closures
- Leaving a philanthropic legacy