Looking for young Lambeth residents to help make a difference in their community
The London Community Foundation are looking for two young volunteers (aged 16-25), who are Lambeth residents, to help us to make decisions on grant funding and to advise on future programmes.
The Lambeth Community Fund is a grant fund which supports local residents. There are a number of programmes that sit under the Lambeth Community Fund, which currently includes the:
- Lambeth & Southwark Wellbeing & Happiness Fund - to improve the health and wellbeing of residents
- Lambeth Cooperative Challenge Fund – to enable local groups to support the Cooperative Council Agenda, working cooperatively with service-users and collaboratively with other groups
- Path Programme – to support young people to exit gangs and prevent those at risk from entering them
- Portuguese Speakers Community Fund – to support the Portuguese-speaking community in Lambeth to improve their employability, health and wellbeing
We are looking for two young people to join the Grants Committee, who meet four-five times per year to look review grant applications made to the fund and prioritise projects for funding. The Committee therefore, is key to ensuring that funding goes to the projects that will have the greatest impact on the local community. The Committee also advises on the future strategy of the Fund and its grant programmes, ensuring that it meets the needs of Lambeth’s residents. It is important that our younger residents have a say in what happens in their communities.
We are looking for young people who have knowledge of the borough and are passionate about making a difference in their community.
If you would like to apply, please send an email that includes:
- your name, postcode and phone number
- a short description of your background
- why you would like to be on the Grant Committee
- your experience, skills or knowledge that makes you the ideal person for this role
- any community groups that you are directly involved with
Please send your email to:
Donna Yay, Programme & Relationships Manger, email@example.com
For further information please call 020 7582 5117.
The deadline for applications is 6th November 2015. If selected you will need attend a meeting to go through what is required from the role. You will also be required to read Committee papers (around 30-40 pages) and attend a 2-hour meeting 4-5 times per year (Tuesdays 10:30am-12:30pm). The first meeting that you will attend is on Tuesday 7th December 2015.
Please note: these roles are not suitable for young people in full-time education or employment as meetings take place during the day.
Published on 28 September 2015
- Shining a light on food poverty in London
- Comic Relief donates £1 million to the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund this Red Nose Day
- Training dates announced for Lambeth Capacity Building Programme
- Stronger Together - Lambeth Capacity Building Programme 2017-19
- Holiday closures
- D & D London supports Food for London
- Tender Opportunity - Capacity Building in Lambeth
- We're now a Living Wage Friendly Funder!
- Food for London - open funding round!
- Food for London
- Minister Rob Wilson MP celebrates Volunteers’ Week
- Looking for community representatives to help make a big difference in London
- Lambeth Community Fund - a review of grantmaking 2013-15
- Our Catalysts create change
- 'I see no reason not to help'
- Give London launches!
- Donor Advised Funds: A Family Affair
- Announcing our new CEO
- Holiday closures
- Leaving a philanthropic legacy
- > 2017
- > 2016
- > 2015
- > December
- > November
- > October
- > September
- > Looking for young Lambeth residents to help make a difference in their community
- > Affinity Sutton’s mission to get residents online
- > Strengthening Communities in Wandsworth
- > The Portuguese-Speaking Community in Lambeth: a Scoping Study July 2015
- > June
- > February
- > January
- > 2014
- > 2013
- > 2012
- > 2011