Campaign highlights matched funding countdown
We’ve launched a new campaign to encourage more people to donate money through endowment funds.
Endowment giving is a great way to help communities across London as the Government adds 50p to every £1 we get from a supporter.
But the guarantee to match funding for London will end on October 31. Our 100 Days campaign is highlighting the countdown.
So far we’ve raised almost £3m under this scheme. We’ve had support from the likes of Grosvenor, Land Securities and Deutsche Bank. And from generous individuals too.
Unlocking Government money
The Government has set aside another £1.1m to help Londoners, but it will only release it to match further donations we can raise.
It’s imperative that London doesn’t lose this money. So with the 100 Days campaign we’re trying to raise as much endowment money as we can by October 31.
The campaign has already received a lot of high-profile backing.
“This is a unique opportunity to secure an extra 50% funding from the Government to support worthwhile causes throughout our city and help hundreds of Londoners,” said deputy mayor Richard Blakeway. “We must now act to ensure the funding will not be returned to the Treasury.”
To learn more about endowment giving and how you could help our campaign please call Lucinda Shaw on 020 7582 5117 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Published on 12 September 2014
- Comic Relief donates £1 million to the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund this Red Nose Day
- Training dates announced for Lambeth Capacity Building Programme
- Stronger Together - Lambeth Capacity Building Programme 2017-19
- Holiday closures
- D & D London supports Food for London
- Tender Opportunity - Capacity Building in Lambeth
- We're now a Living Wage Friendly Funder!
- Food for London - open funding round!
- Food for London
- Minister Rob Wilson MP celebrates Volunteers’ Week
- Looking for community representatives to help make a big difference in London
- Lambeth Community Fund - a review of grantmaking 2013-15
- Our Catalysts create change
- 'I see no reason not to help'
- Give London launches!
- Donor Advised Funds: A Family Affair
- Announcing our new CEO
- Holiday closures
- Leaving a philanthropic legacy
- A message from our CEO, Sonal Shah