Sonal Shah Highly Commended at the 2013 Charity Times Awards as a Rising CEO
What a night it was! At the 2013 Charity Times Awards last night our CEO Sonal Shah was Highly Commended in the Rising Star CEO category for her leadership and the impact The London Community Foundation has had in communities across London.
Sonal has been with the Foundation since 2005, when she joined what was then the South East London Community Foundation. Her leadership skills were recognised early and she took on increasing responsibilities before becoming CEO of what was, by then, the Capital Community Foundation in 2010.
Sonal, along with Deputy CEO Victoria Warne and the trustees, recognised that the sector was entering a significant shift, and that we would need to be able to respond to both increasing demand and changing expectations. Under Sonal’s leadership the Foundation is realising this goal and is going from strength to strength. A glance at some key statistics underscores the scale of growth the Foundation has gone through in only a few short years. Income has grown steadily. The number of grants made yearly has risen from 366 to over 960 last year – and continues to grow. Endowments – legacies that will continue to provide grants in our communities for generations to come – have grown from £1.8m to over £12m. These are significant contributions to the growth and the sustainability of London’s many charities and community groups.
Sonal will be the first one to say that what we accomplish is the work of many hands, but her leadership has resulted in many of the opportunities for growth that The London Community Foundation and communities across London have realised in the past five years. We are proud of the work we do together and the staff and trustees congratulate Sonal heartily on this recognition of her hard work and vision.
If you’d like to learn more about how The London Community Foundation can work with you to make a difference in London’s communities, please contact Development Director Lucinda Shaw at 0207 582 5117 or Lucinda@londoncf.org.uk
Published on 17 October 2013
- Shining a light on food poverty in London
- Comic Relief donates £1 million to the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund this Red Nose Day
- Training dates announced for Lambeth Capacity Building Programme
- Stronger Together - Lambeth Capacity Building Programme 2017-19
- Holiday closures
- D & D London supports Food for London
- Tender Opportunity - Capacity Building in Lambeth
- We're now a Living Wage Friendly Funder!
- Food for London - open funding round!
- Food for London
- Minister Rob Wilson MP celebrates Volunteers’ Week
- Looking for community representatives to help make a big difference in London
- Lambeth Community Fund - a review of grantmaking 2013-15
- Our Catalysts create change
- 'I see no reason not to help'
- Give London launches!
- Donor Advised Funds: A Family Affair
- Announcing our new CEO
- Holiday closures
- Leaving a philanthropic legacy