Santander launches 2013 Social Enterprise Development Awards across London
Santander’s Social Enterprise Development Awards opened on 3rd June for social enterprises in London seeking a financial boost to help them expand.
The scheme offers London-based social enterprises the opportunity to win funding and business support to help them grow and increase their social impact. Winning organisations will also receive valuable input from The London Community Foundation which will work with them to assess the social impact of their business and the prize fund on local communities.
The Awards feature three prize funds - £50,000, £20,000 and £10,000 - dependent on turnover, for organisations working to improve social inclusion, support employment or create a greener environment. Following the success of last year’s programme the number of awards has been increased to enable a greater number of social enterprises to be supported in 2013.
To enter the competition, social enterprises should complete a short entry form downloadable from www.santanderseda.co.uk detailing how an award would be used to grow their business to benefit the community. The deadline for applications is the 1st July 2013 and the winners will be announced in September 2013.
Carlos Portela, Divisional Managing Director, Santander, said: “Social enterprises play a vital role in local communities and the Santander Social Enterprise Development Awards were set up to help these dynamic businesses increase the impact they have. We are committed to supporting the small business sector and we’re looking forward to supporting even more London and South East social enterprises through the awards this year.”
The prize fund of £2.3m is split equally across eight regions – London & South East, South West, Midlands, North West, North East, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland. In each region there will be seven awards for the £10,000 prize, eight for the £20,000 and one for the £50,000 award, providing £280,000 of support in each region.
Alongside the prize money, winning social enterprises receive a business support package from Santander including fully funded internships, business webinar presentations, consultancy days and the opportunity to network with other enterprises and small businesses.
Published on 06 June 2013
- Update on funds allocated: Grenfell Tower
- Red Nose Day grants awarded
- A further £2 million given out to Grenfell Tower survivors
- Artists for Grenfell donations made available to survivors
- Grenfell Tower update
- £1.58 million to Grenfell families from the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund
- Further emergency payments for Grenfell families
- Over £5 million raised through the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund
- Grenfell: The Long-Term Response
- Guardian Voluntary Sector comment piece
- Financial support for those directly impacted by Grenfell Tower fire
- Grenfell Tower update
- Artists for Grenfell
- Grenfell Tower Appeal update
- Free capacity building support in Lambeth - latest dates announced
- Emergency Appeal - Grenfell Fire
- Building brighter futures across London
- Looking for community representatives to help make a big difference in London
- Shining a light on food poverty in London
- Comic Relief donates £1 million to the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund this Red Nose Day