Info Workshops - The Lord Mayor's Dragon Awards 2013
Tell your story.
The Dragon Awards attract high quality applications from a variety of companies, public bodies and community groups throughout Greater London. Winners of Dragon Awards receive a highly coveted Dragon Statuette, local and national press coverage and the recognition amongst their peers and competitors as offering exemplary programmes of Corporate Community Involvement.
Community organisations working in partnership with businesses to make a positive impact on London’s communities are encouraged to apply to the Lord Mayor’s Dragon Awards 2013. Activities include charity partnerships, employee volunteering, employability initiatives and local purchasing.
Making the application is free of charge and all applicants receive a complimentary seat at the Awards dinner at the Mansion House on 2 October 2013.
Two free of charge applicant workshops will be held to support applicants in writing their applications.
23 April 2013, 08.30-10.30: this workshop is for charities, schools and social enterprises which are interested in applying in the Community Partners category. Business and public bodies are also very welcome to attend if you would like to nominate a community partner in this category.
3 May 2013, 08.30-11.30: this workshop is for businesses and public bodies who wish to apply in any of the categories. Small and Medium-sized Enterprises who wish to to find out more about how to maximise their applications are welcome to stay for 1-2-1 support at the end of the workshop (10.30-11.30). Community partners are also very welcome to attend if you would like to nominate a corporate/public body partner in this category.
Reserve your space here.
“To receive such a prestigious award provides a sense of pride and satisfaction – it gave us, a small local community organisation, credibility, confidence and leg up over the CSR parapet.”
St Luke's Community Centre, winners of the Community Partners Award 2011
For more information about the Awards, to register for workshops, and to apply, please visit: www.dragonawards.org.uk or call 0207 332 3608. The deadline for applying is 28 May 2013
Published on 15 April 2013
- Update on funds allocated: Grenfell Tower
- Red Nose Day grants awarded
- A further £2 million given out to Grenfell Tower survivors
- Artists for Grenfell donations made available to survivors
- Grenfell Tower update
- £1.58 million to Grenfell families from the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund
- Further emergency payments for Grenfell families
- Over £5 million raised through the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund
- Grenfell: The Long-Term Response
- Guardian Voluntary Sector comment piece
- Financial support for those directly impacted by Grenfell Tower fire
- Grenfell Tower update
- Artists for Grenfell
- Grenfell Tower Appeal update
- Free capacity building support in Lambeth - latest dates announced
- Emergency Appeal - Grenfell Fire
- Building brighter futures across London
- Looking for community representatives to help make a big difference in London
- Shining a light on food poverty in London
- Comic Relief donates £1 million to the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund this Red Nose Day