London Conference 2012: Jobs, growth and urban renewal after the Olympics
London Conference 2012
Presented by Centre for London and IPPR.
8.30am – 5.30pm
Southbank Centre, London SE1
This year’s London Conference - a ‘davos for London’ - is where the key challenges for jobs, growth and urban renewal will be debated. Book your ticket now at 15% off the standard price using our special discount code (LonConf2012LCF).
On the 27th November a network of influential leaders and policy experts will gather at the Southbank Centre, ‘London’s living room’. Why not participate in the debate.
This has been an ‘Olympotastic’ year for London. But serious economic, social and infrastructural challenges remain. How shall we build on the success of the Olympics to ensure London remains a world-class player on a global stage? How will the urban development of East London ensure jobs and desirable places for London’s people?
Be at the forefront of policy ideas and solutions for London. Attend a day of thoughtful keynote speeches, breakout discussions and presentations to examine the capital’s challenges.
The context will be set by the latest global research and intelligence on cities from McKinsey & Company.
Highlights include special guest Richard Florida, leading public intellectual and author of the global bestseller ‘The Rise of the Creative Class’. Many more including ministers and policy experts will also be leading discussions.
For the full programme, latest list of speakers and to buy tickets at a discount visit the website: http://www.londonpolicyconference.com
Published on 30 October 2012
- Update on funds allocated: Grenfell Tower
- Red Nose Day grants awarded
- A further £2 million given out to Grenfell Tower survivors
- Artists for Grenfell donations made available to survivors
- Grenfell Tower update
- £1.58 million to Grenfell families from the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund
- Further emergency payments for Grenfell families
- Over £5 million raised through the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund
- Grenfell: The Long-Term Response
- Guardian Voluntary Sector comment piece
- Financial support for those directly impacted by Grenfell Tower fire
- Grenfell Tower update
- Artists for Grenfell
- Grenfell Tower Appeal update
- Free capacity building support in Lambeth - latest dates announced
- Emergency Appeal - Grenfell Fire
- Building brighter futures across London
- Looking for community representatives to help make a big difference in London
- Shining a light on food poverty in London
- Comic Relief donates £1 million to the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund this Red Nose Day
- > 2017
- > 2016
- > 2015
- > 2014
- > 2013
- > 2012
- > December
- > November
- > October
- > London Conference 2012: Jobs, growth and urban renewal after the Olympics
- > Coldharbour Communities: First grants awarded
- > New team members
- > Lambeth Giving Fund Launch
- > September
- > August
- > June
- > May
- > April
- > March
- > January
- > 2011