Localgiving £ for £ Match Challenge!
£375,000 Bonus for London Charities and Community Groups
The race is on to give away £375,000 in match funding to local charities and community groups. From 1st March, any donation made through Localgiving.com, the national website dedicated to supporting small, ultra-local charities, will receive matched funds from a pot worth £375,000.
The Localgiving.com March Match Fund started at 9 am on 1st March and will continue until all funding is allocated.
By making a donation to a favourite local charity via Localgiving.com, donors can double their gift and the charity receives twice the support as Localgiving.com matches the amount. Gift Aid adds another 25%. 57 charities in London have already registered with Localgiving.com, all of which are eligible for match funding. Charities and groups that are not registered are able to register and become part of the initiative.
Localgiving.com is the only website in the country that enables community organisations too small to register with the Charity Commission to benefit from an infrastructure that simplifies the giving process. With nearly 1,000 validated charities already registered online, Localgiving.com provides much needed (and appreciated!) support to small, grass roots aid organisations across the country.
Registration is free for three months, and then costs just £5 a month. In return, charities can take advantage of online marketing and donation tools, and become more easily accessible to donors through a postcode search.
Published on 01 March 2012
- Guardian Voluntary Sector comment piece
- Financial support for those directly impacted by Grenfell Tower fire
- Grenfell Tower update
- Artists for Grenfell
- Grenfell Tower Appeal update
- Emergency Appeal - Grenfell Fire
- Free capacity building support in Lambeth - latest dates announced
- Building brighter futures across London
- Looking for community representatives to help make a big difference in London
- Shining a light on food poverty in London
- Comic Relief donates £1 million to the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund this Red Nose Day
- Training dates announced for Lambeth Capacity Building Programme
- Stronger Together - Lambeth Capacity Building Programme 2017-19
- Holiday closures
- D & D London supports Food for London
- Tender Opportunity - Capacity Building in Lambeth
- We're now a Living Wage Friendly Funder!
- Food for London - open funding round!
- Food for London
- Minister Rob Wilson MP celebrates Volunteers’ Week