£20 million match challenge announced at the official LCF launch
We were delighted to welcome Francis Salway, retiring CEO of Land Securities as Chair Elect of The London Community Foundation (LCF) as we launched officially at City Hall with the announcement of a £20 million match challenge for London.
“I am delighted to be joining LCF. My involvement with Community Foundations started 7 years ago, I believe wholeheartedly in their work and the opportunity to be part of the movement in London is one I simply couldn’t miss. I look forward to the challenge ahead and hope that more and more Londoners will join us as we strive to build a stronger and fairer future for our communities. ”
Sonal Shah, the Foundation’s CEO encouraged guests to take advantage of the Community First ‘early bird special offer’:
“From this evening for the next 3 years, we will be able to match every pound given to endowment funds by 50% under the Community First challenge programme. In the next 3 weeks we have an ‘early bird special’ where we can double your donations and build sustainable funds for the future of London. If Londoners (individuals and organisations) hear the call, we could secure over £20 million for our communities.”
Michael Brophy, LCF’s current Chair will step down later on this year.
“As Chief Executive of CAF in the 1980’s, I was there at the birth of Community Foundations in the UK. The creation of a Community Foundation for London has been a 25 year long dream and I am delighted to be passing on the mantle to Francis, who I know will lead us successfully into a new era.”
For more information about the endowment challenge, please click here
Published on 08 March 2012
- Guardian Voluntary Sector comment piece
- Financial support for those directly impacted by Grenfell Tower fire
- Grenfell Tower update
- Artists for Grenfell
- Grenfell Tower Appeal update
- Emergency Appeal - Grenfell Fire
- Free capacity building support in Lambeth - latest dates announced
- Building brighter futures across London
- Looking for community representatives to help make a big difference in London
- Shining a light on food poverty in London
- Comic Relief donates £1 million to the Evening Standard Dispossessed Fund this Red Nose Day
- Training dates announced for Lambeth Capacity Building Programme
- Stronger Together - Lambeth Capacity Building Programme 2017-19
- Holiday closures
- D & D London supports Food for London
- Tender Opportunity - Capacity Building in Lambeth
- We're now a Living Wage Friendly Funder!
- Food for London - open funding round!
- Food for London
- Minister Rob Wilson MP celebrates Volunteers’ Week