Why Give To London?
Known for prosperity and opportunity (even in current times), it’s easy to forget about the thousands of Londoners left on the margins.
Wealth and poverty live side by side, with middle class terraces, green spaces and trendy high streets blending into run-down estates and empty playgrounds. Poverty, isolation and crime affect too many.
Our job at The London Community Foundation is to help bridge this gap. But this is no traditional grantmaking trust or foundation. Rather, we are a collective of citizens, companies, public bodies and existing trusts who believe that we will achieve more working together than each could alone.
Our vision is of a strong and generous London where residents, business, government and civil society are inspired to act for the benefit of all who live in their city, leading the way in social action and philanthropic activity.
No matter what your interests or areas of concern may be, whether you have a lot or a little to give, join us to make London a fairer and stronger place for everyone.
With the generosity and involvement of our donors, we have invested over £55 million since we started into more than 11,500 charitable projects across the capital. Last year alone we made nearly 1000 grants touching the lives of over 100,000 Londoners.
Whether you are an individual, company, grant-making trust or local authority, The London Community Foundation can help you make an impact on an issue you care about.
£500 or £5 million to give? It doesn’t matter. From joining one of our crowd funding initiatives to setting up your own fund to creating a legacy for the future, we will help you make a difference in your city.
We are YOUR Community Foundation - please join us.
Why might you give through us?
- You can choose where your money goes and see it making a difference
- You can support a vast range of projects from grassroots initiatives to social enterprises to large established charities
- You can invest for immediate impact or into an endowment fund for the long term
- You can meet those you support and find out more about the issues they face
- You can trust us with the due diligence and monitoring of grantees to ensure that your donations are spent wisely and for maximum benefit
- You can give independently or in collaboration with others
- You can meet other donors or remain entirely anonymous
- And finally we must say…. giving through us is fully tax effective!
- Expertise in reaching grassroots charities and community organisations that lie below the radar of the general public
- 22 years of grant-making experience with extensive reach and knowledge of communities across London
- Donors and partners include the London Evening Standard, Comic Relief, Deutsche Bank, Land Securities, JP Morgan, Lend Lease, Affinity Sutton, Lambeth Council, and many more
- A Quality Accredited Member of the UK Community Foundations Network, and part of a wider network of 1700 Community Foundations worldwide.